Introducing the HS-350 & HS-400. VLF LF MF bands Up-Converters.
SAQ Alexanderson Day 4th July 2021
The annual transmission event on the Alexanderson Day with the Alexanderson Alternator from 1924 on VLF band 17.2 kHz mode CW with the call sign SAQ, on 4 July 2021. Recorded in London by M0WWA on 4 July 2021.
- Long Wire antenna.
- Longwire Antenna Impedance adapter ; HST-210N ;Heros Technology
- Antenna Galvanic Isolator HS-100B; for local noise suppression; HerosTech
- VLF-LF-MF up converter HerosTech HS-400, IF output 4MHz-4.5MHz.; HS-400
- Flexradio1500 as IF receiver,
- GPS reference clock from Leo Bodnar
- Power SDR 2.8.0 from KE9NS
"The Big Jump"
"Alexanderson Day" special transmission on 17.2 kHz from SAQ Grimeton radio station in Sweden was received in Granby QC Canada (FN35RK) on 28 June 2015. Distance 5.700 km (3.600mi)
This was the group effort of VE2CRG,the Granby Amateur Radio Club.
The radio station setup included a tuned 1.7m diamond loop, FET balanced preamplifier, Heros Technology VLF-LF-MF Up- Converter HS-400400, multiband IF receiver tuned on 4.017 MHz and Spectral Analysis software Spectran v2.