Suitable for SDR and analogue radios
If a Long Wire antenna is used an impedance matching device is essential to match the high impedance figure of the antenna, tipical 450Ω, with the 50Ω standard impedance of radio equipments.
Matching the antenna-radio system impedances can boost signal strength up to 20 dB, in worst impedance mismatch cases, allowing signals to cut through interference and noise more effectively.
In addition it avoids the use of antenna tuning devices.
A high isolation broadband transformer wound on a large toroid core is included in order to avoid distortion products due excessive RF levels.
A gas discharge tube is included as protection against electrostatic discharges.
- Frequency range: 10kHz to 60MHz.
- Impedance conversion ratio: 9:1
- Long wire antenna input impedance port: 450Ω (unbalanced)
- Output impedance port: 50Ω (unbalanced)
- Power rating: 200 watts CW (400 watts PEP)
- Includes gas discharge tube protection on antenna Input port.
- Weatherproof assembly.
- Connectors:"N" or SO-239 options available on 50Ω output port. ("N" type recommended).
- Binding post for long wire antenna input port.
- Enclosure: Cover: ABS material rated to UL 94V-0. Protection IP65.
- Chassis: 2mm thick treated aluminium. Stainless still screws.
- Cover: ABS material rated to UL 94V-0. Protection IP65.
- Chassis: 2mm thick treated Al.
- Stainless still screws.